The Guernsey Blue Plaque scheme recognises Guernsey people who have made an important contribution to the Bailiwick and the wider world.
The Scheme aims to enhance the awareness of islanders and visitors about these special people and where they lived or worked.
Each nominated person (or nominee) has to meet basic selection criteria.
The selection criteria include:
- The nominee must have been dead for 20 years or the centenary of their birth must have passed
- The nominee must have been born in Guernsey or have lived in Guernsey for a period of significant importance in their life or work
- A building associated with the nominee must survive in Guernsey
The Blue Plaques panel meets on a regular basis and members of the public are welcome to make a nomination, using the blue plaques nomination form (available to download at the bottom of this page), throughout the year.
Please read the blue plaques guidelines before submitting a suggestion using the nomination form.
For further information contact our Historic Sites Curator via firstname.lastname@example.org
The Blue Plaques
We currently have 7 blue plaques
G.B. Edwards 1899 - 1976
Author of The Book of Ebenezer Le Page
Located on Hawkesbury House, Braye Road, St Sampson
Peter Le Lievre 1812 - 1878
Located on 17 Hauteville, St Peter Port
Denys Corbet 1826 - 1909
Poet and Painter
Located on La Roberge, La Roberge, Forest
Major Marie Ozanne O.F. 1906 - 1943
Member of the Salvation Army, resistor to oppression
Located on Aquarius, Dehus Lane, Vale
John Herbert Le Patourel FBA 1909 - 1981 & Herbert Wallace Le Patourel VC 1916 - 1979
Located on Villa Magnol, Fosse Andre, St Peter Port
Thomas De la Rue 1793 - 1866
Located at Le Bourg, Forest
Guernsey Underground News Service 1942 - 1944
Produced at the The Star Offices
Located at Eleanor House, The Bordage
We have also supported a Blue Plaque which was unveiled on BBC Music Day 2017:
Domenico Eusanio Santagelo 1882-1970
Composer of the music for the Island's anthem 'Sarnia Cherie, (Dear Guernsey) in 1911 and a founder member of the Guernsey Music Society in 1920
The plaque was awarded by BBC Radio Guernsey
Located on Nikita, Elm Grove, St Peter Port